Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Kategorie: Developer Forum Posts
- Veröffentlicht: Samstag, 09. Oktober 2021 03:00
Welcome to our fifth phase of PTS featuring the Mercenary, Powertech, Juggernaut, and Marauder Combat Styles. In case you missed it, we go through a bit of the philosophy behind the updates were making to Combat Styles in this article.
As with the previous Combat Styles that have been released through PTS, we are still focused on streamlining ability sets in order to enable more player choice and maintain the unique identity of the class. All the constructive feedback we have been receiving from players who dove into PTS has been helpful in identifying what experiences are crucial to players.
Alongside the Mercenary, Powertech, Juggernaut, and Marauder Combat Styles available for testing, please note the following changes for this phase of PTS:
- Players will find PTS Gear vendors on the fleet near the Onslaught SoW vendors providing gear at item rating 318.
- Players should expect a smoother experience with game scaling when exploring planets
- Reminder: Game scaling is NOT available for old operations (Ops outside of 7.0), or Veteran and Master modes in Flashpoints
- Companion is not auto healing the player
- Amplifiers will not be enabled for this phase of PTS.
- When players first log in, mounts may be missing. Travel to a new area (planet or new instance) and they will reappear
- Set bonuses are not enabled during this phase of PTS. Gear will still grant you their stats, but the set bonuses will not work.
- Note the WIP markers on the UI.
- The status update/known issues list has been updated, so please read through that before hopping into PTS.
How to access the PTS server and test out the new Combat Styles
First, ensure you are on the PTS server by following the steps here.
Though character copy is available for all the currently available Combat Styles, note that all PTS characters have been deleted in order to ensure 7.0 compatibility.
Steps for players not using character copy:
- Create a new Mercenary, Powertech, Juggernaut, and Marauder
- Walk outside of the cantina and you will see the PTS Fleet Transport Droid
- Speak to the droid, and select yes to travel to the Fleet.
- Head up to the main Fleet level
- Go to the Combat section
- Talk to the CD-3 Combat Specializer Droid
- Press K to select your Discipline and go through selecting your abilities/passives from the Ability Tree. (Please note the WIP markers)
- Talk to all of the vendors to gear your character
- Talk to the Onderon Dreams: Travel Agent Droid to travel to Onderon
- Head to the Onderon Mission Board (-725, -291). Special Note: Speeder Piloting Level 3 is granted through this terminal.
Please let us know if you experience any issues.
Your feedback on the new Combat Styles will help us determine if we are on the correct path to achieving our goals of making the class feel less encumbered and customization more concise.
- Please note that all feedback threads that have been created up until now have been compiled into one post for convenience. The entire list (including the newly available Combat Styles) can be found here.
- Game scaling feedback can be left here.
EDIT: Below is a list of the missing descriptions.