Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Created: Thursday, November 19th, 2015
- Published: Thursday, November 19th, 2015
Following the Companion changes we made Tuesday in 4.0.2, we want to gather your feedback on your gameplay experiences. We hope by this point you have had some time to jump in and get your hands on the changes yourselves. First, before we get into the feedback we are looking for, lets talk a bit about our specific design goals related to Companions:
- Leveling Content Challenge Level: Low. To complete this content, a player should have a basic understanding of game mechanics and have level-appropriate gear. Their companions role shouldnt matter.
- KotFE Chapters Challenge Level: Low. Like leveling content, a player should have a basic understanding of game mechanics and have level-appropriate gear. Their companions role shouldnt matter.
- [Heroic 2] Missions Challenge Level: Medium. To complete this content, a player should have a good understanding of their class and game mechanics, as well as level appropriate gear. Their companions role should begin to matter at this point, supplementing the players own Discipline. We expect some players to find these challenging initiallymaybe even needing a friends help--but once the player earns better gear, a few levels of Influence with their companion, and has a greater understanding of the game, they should be able to solo the hardest of these missions.
- Star Fortress Challenge Level: Medium. These are similar to [Heroic 2] Missions. Star Fortresses should be similar to [Heroic 2] Missions. To complete this content, we expect you to have level-appropriate gear, a good understanding of your class, a companion with a few levels of Influence, as well as being in a role that supplements the players. We expect most players to be able to solo these with a little practice and effort on their part to gain some increased power.
- Heroic Star Fortress Challenge Level: High. At this point we expect players to really understand their class, their companion, and their gear. Players should have sought out gear upgrades, as well as increased their companions Influence level. These are meant to be challenging and difficult to do solo.
- The One and Only Achievement should still be possible. As an Achievement, this is definitely intended to be extremely hard and rewarding to players. This means the Achievement can be exceptionally challenging, and similar to HM Star Fortress, you will need to be a skilled player, with moderate to high Influence level with your companion, and very good gear on your character.
Please give us your feedback, and we simply ask you to be as constructive as possible. Include information such as:
- Your level
- Roughly Average Item Rating
- Companion role
- Companion Influence level
- Which Mission or Star Fortress are you playing (Solo Mode? Heroic Mode?)
- Your personal experience while playing this content
The team will be reviewing all feedback, along with supporting data, to see what / if any future adjustments need to be made. Thank you all in advance for your feedback!