- Category: Tools
- Created: Sunday, November 8th, 2015
- Last Updated: Sunday, October 16th, 2016
- Published: Sunday, November 8th, 2015
- Written by Delegate
SWTOR Caster is a SWTOR ability logger for streamers using the built-in combat log system. Whenever you use an ability, it reads it from the combat log and allows you to display it as an icon + text in OBS or your streaming software of choice.
SWTOR Caster uses the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.. If you're on Windows 8 or 10, you will most likely already have this installed. However the setup should also take care of this for you.
Windows 7 Users using OBS, will need to ensure Aero theme is enabled, otherwise you cannot use SWTOR Caster as a Window source.
* Windows Smartscreen
Windows will give a warning because I'm an unknown Author. I'm not paying £200-500 for an application certificate to verify who I am to remove the warning. Just click more info and then select 'Run anyway' (Same as with users who might have used Parsec)
Please consider using Delegate's SWTOR referral link as a way to say thanks!
Here are some streamers who use SWTOR Caster:
- nGage Online
Here are some reasons to give SWTOR Caster a try
- Add some difference from other streamers and stand out from the rest.
- Viewers can learn class rotation with being able to see the abilities you use and in what order.
- Great for PvP to show off some of those skills.
- People might ask what your opener is on an enemy, but now they can see it clearly.
- You can hide the ability text for a minimalist look.
- Shows with most "activated" abilities (Medpacks, Mounting, Combat etc...)
- Customize image borders per ability, e.g border defensives with a blue, offensives red maybe.
- Supports sound event triggers on Ability Activate, Death, Kill (but still a work in progress)
Enable SWTOR Combat Log
Be sure to enable the combat log file. SWTOR Caster reads this file like other third party DPS/HPS Parsers.
- Pick any mp3 audio file to play when an event occurs
- The ability can be used to play sounds (copy from ability logger window)
- Action buttons to test/play/stop as a sound board if you want to manually play them
- Pick a custom ability image. (e.g Operative roll is pretty troll..)
- Aliases allow you to change the TEXT that is shown in the ability window
- Aliases are a list, the ability window will pick a random alias each time
- Border certain abilities to signify their use (AOE, Stuns, CC breaks etc)