- Category: SWTOR News
- Created: Monday, February 9th, 2015
- Last Updated: Monday, February 9th, 2015
- Published: Monday, February 9th, 2015
- Written by Bruce Maclean
For many, the start of the year is a time for setting goals and planning for the future. This is something we have been focused on here at BioWare Austin. 2014 was an amazing year for the team. We delivered two expansions, an overhaul to the class system, and regular story updates through Flashpoints. I'm proud of what the team has accomplished, and we would not have been able to do it without your support – thank you. I'm excited for what we have in store for you in 2015.
Some of you might remember before launch, we talked a lot about the "four pillars" of RPGs – combat, exploration, progression and story. Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is an MMO, but it's also a BioWare game. Three years ago, we set out to deliver a product that contained the best of two worlds – the immersive story experience from a single-player RPG and the vast array of systems and social connection from an online multiplayer game. Since launch, we have mainly focused on the latter, adding Galactic Strongholds, achievements, legacy perks, reputation tracks, and Galactic Starfighter. But with the success of the Shadow of Revan expansion, we think it's time that we return to our roots and what truly makes our game unique: story.
Shadow of Revan was just the beginning. In 2015, we are committed to bringing you more character-driven adventures in the Old Republic universe. You're going to see a unified story, with a focus on themes that unite our eight classes – everyone is a veteran from the Galactic Civil War with a complicated past and an uncertain future. You'll see a greater emphasis on your character's personal history, and on the choices you make. I don't want to say too much more since we are still in the midst of development, but what we have planned really gets back to the Star Wars™ fantasy at the heart of our game.
Our plan is to deliver two major updates with this new story direction later this year – one in the summer and the other by the end of the year. But what's happening in the meantime, you ask? Below is a list of some of what you can expect in the first half of the year. As always, please keep in mind that all of this is subject to change. We reserve the right to adjust our plans if we feel it is necessary.
- binary option free trial February 12th: Game Update 3.1
- Hard Mode Flashpoint: Blood Hunt
- Hard Mode Flashpoint: Battle for Rishi
- Start of PvP Season 4
- binary option brokers list Spring: Game Update 3.2
- Outfit Designer
- Stay tuned for a blog on this awesome new feature coming soon!
- A new story arc on the planet Ziost.
- This story arc takes us to the Imperial homeworld of Ziost, where we answer many of the questions posed by the cliffhanger at the end of Shadow of Revan.
- End of PvP Season 4 and the Start of Season 5
- O que e binäre Optionen And Beyond!
- New Stronghold
- Playable Togruta – I kind of let the Cathar out of the bag on this one last year at the New York Cantina, but now it's in writing!
There's still more to be revealed for Star Wars: The Old Republic this year – this is just the start! When we are further along in development, we will post more information that dive into the nitty-gritty details for these new features.
I want to thank you, our galactic heroes, for continuing to support us. It's your feedback and enthusiasm that makes Star Wars: The Old Republic a better game and drives us to be better. All of our hard work is for you.
May the Force™ be With You!