Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Published: Tuesday, January 12th, 2016
As you may have seen in my post yesterday, it is was our plan to reveal our theory around what is happening right now with GTN searches. Additionally, to let you know what information we would like to have you provide to help us isolate the issue.
First, what is happening? Well, we believe that when the servers come online, they are pulling a random selection of items which cannot be searched on the GTN. All of these items are still present, and can be navigated to via their individual sections. However, search does not work for those items. Additionally, the items that are selected seem to be random, and are not consistent by server. Example, you may be able to search for a Dathomir Rancor on the Harbinger, but cannot on The Shadowlands.
For this reason, we did not want to put out the full theory yesterday, as we didnt want any of you to start tracking the GTN search habits before we brought the servers up this morning. Based on this information, any information you tracked prior to today is unfortunately no longer usable as your servers search habits have changed.
Here is what we are looking for. Please let us know the following:
- What item are you unable to find via search?
- What server are you on?
Two very important notes on this information:
- Make sure to note which server you are on. If you have characters on multiple servers, please separate this information. We do believe that different items will be unsearchable on different servers.
- Please do not report any items which you could not search prior to today. We believe the items that you cannot search for will have changed with the maintenance that occurred this morning.
Thank you all in advance for your help in trying to resolve this issue.