- Category: Tools
- Last Updated: Tuesday, February 9th, 2021
- Published: Wednesday, February 3rd, 2021
This tool allows you to simply download any patches that Bioware has made publicly available.
How to use
- Open the file "ptchdownloader.exe" (Yes, the a is intentionally missing)
- Select, if you want to download live, pts or movies
- Select the File Type (main, client, en-us, de-de, fr-fr)
- Select Patch variant
XtoY means patching from the version before to the wished version
0toY means patching from the version 0 to the wished version
- Type the version number (Y), you want to download in the small textbox.
You can also use version numbers (like 1.0.0) to download something from a specific game version.
- Chose the location, where you want to save the files. You have to use "/" instead of "\"
Use the button "Select Directory" to select it directly
- To download the normal patch files, click "Download Files"
To download the Patch-Manifest, click "Download Manifest"
To download the Solidpkg, click "Download Solidpkg"
To show, when a patch got released, click "See creation date"
To enable some nice bonus-functions, just open the devmode.json and change "false" to "true"
This will allow the following:
- Download liveqatest client
- Download betatest client
- Download cstraining client
- Download liveeptest client
- Q: Is using this against the SWTOR terms of service?
A: No, it doesn't modify the game files itself in anyway. If you wish you can download the files in your regular web browser instead if you know the URLs to the files.
- Q: How does it work?
A: It checks the version-number you entered and tries to find it on Bioware's servers. If found, it will download this version.
- Q: Will using this tool corrupt my installation?
A: Nope! You can select the folder where you want to download the files and keep it separate from existing installations.
- Q: Does it work for the PTS?
- Q: Will it work for French and German assets?
- Q: Can I use this to download patches at work without a SWTOR installation?
A: Yes. An existing SWTOR installation is not required.
- Q: Why is the GUI freezing while downloading?
A: Because I was too lazy to thread the GUI. The download status is displayed in the console and the GUI will react again when the download is finished or canceled.
- Q: My antivirus blocks the file.
A: The program is a compiled python file. Some antivirus programs have problems with them. Don't worry.
- Q: I get "Version not found!" after I clicked download."
A: Make sure you entered a correct version-id (like 300) or a valid version number (like 6.0).