Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Published: Wednesday, April 5th, 2017
As we mentioned in our PvP post last week, and on our original 5.2 livestream, when you arrive on Iokath you will be able to choose which Faction you want to side with in the War for Iokath. We know that there will be many questions coming off of this around what this actually impacts so we want to clear up exactly how this works, and exactly what it affects. First, to avoid any confusion: The faction you choose has no effect at all outside of Iokath. It only impacts story choices in the Iokath storyline (and future stories) and some gameplay impacts on Iokath.
Lets start by talking about how the Faction choice works mechanically. You will be able to choose which Faction you want to side with initially during your characters storyline on Iokath. Once you have completed the storyline and have access to the daily area, there is a terminal you can activate to switch sides once per day. Using this terminal does not override your story choice, but it does allow you to join your friends and play the opposite sides daily missions if you so choose. Now that you know how you move between Factions, lets talk about what you can do on each side:
- The Faction choice you make during the storyline does have story consequences, so choose carefully! This is the choice that will be remembered in future storylines.
- After the story, your current Faction will determine what base and Daily Missions you can access.
- Completing a Daily Mission will award you with Reputation for your chosen Factions rep track on Iokath.
- Killing enemies can drop Reputation consumables for your chosen Faction.
- In open world PvP, players allies and enemies are determined by their currently selected Faction.
- If you do anything off of Iokath such as Warzones, Operations, etc. your Classs Faction is what will determine things as normal.
Let us know if you have any questions about Faction switching on Iokath or its impact.