Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Published: Friday, March 30th, 2018
With the 5.8a Conquest changes out the door, lets talk about what we have planned for 5.9. We hope to address concerns over the viability of completing Conquests on alts, points for crafting, and ability to run Operations more frequently. We are going to address this through a few different changes:
- Increasing points gains for Objectives for repeatable and daily repeatable Objectives.
- An additional buff for GSF, Warzone, and Flashpoint Participation Objectives.
- The Play a Flashpoint Objective is being changed to Play a Flashpoint or Uprising.
- The Kill X Enemies Daily Objective will now be split into three Objectives. Kill 50 / 100 / 150. Additionally, progress on this Objective will not reset everyday (if you killed 40 enemies, it wont reset back to 0).
- We are going to introduce a new repeatable Daily Objective for completing 3 and 5 Activity Finder Activities (FP, Op, WZ, GSF, Uprising).
- We are introducing a new Daily Repeatable Objective to Defeat the Final Boss in an Operation.
- We are introducing a new repeatable Objective for Craft 50 items."
- This Objective gives another path for crafters to earn points and is also a mechanism for characters of any level to participate. We will monitor the number of items required to craft closely and will make changes in the future if it is too high, or too low.
The goal of these changes is that if you complete the bigger value one-time Objectives on a given character, you have a lot more ability to earn points via repeatable Objectives. Not only are there more Objectives to work towards, they are worth more points as well. One of our goals is to encourage that you play multiple types of content and so that will always remain the most optimal path to Conquest points. However, these changes will allow a player to more easily get their Conquest points even if they just play one type of content on repeat.
As always, keep your feedback coming! We will continue to monitor the state of Conquests and make changes as needed. Thanks everyone.
Detailed breakdown of changes: