Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Published: Wednesday, July 25th, 2018
Thanks to all of the amazing and constructive feedback youve shared with us as part of this PTS cycle, the SWTOR dev team has determined some needed improvements to key functionality as well as areas where we want to put a little more time and polish into the Rishi Hideout Stronghold to ensure the update is as awesome as possible. To that end, we are pushing the release date for 5.9.2 Galactic Legend back one week to August 7, 2018. We will also be releasing one last update to PTS to help test out these high-priority items along with various other bugfixes that have been made; were aiming to make that available before this weekend, possibly as soon as tomorrow.
Lets walk through those high-priority pieces of feedback and the changes and polish that are resulting from them:
- The ability to toggle PvP on and off throughout the entire Rishi Hideout Stronghold: This was added directly due to your feedback its a great idea and really useful for many Players. That said, there are a lot of potential complications and edge-cases involved, so we want to be sure the feature gets as much testing as possible before launch.
- Line-of-sight should operate normally with decorations: There were a few issues identified with decorations where they werent respecting line-of-sight limitations consistently, and we agree that resolving this is critical to the functionality of Rishi. We believe we have corrected these issues, but again would like to include the community in trying them out to make sure were hitting the mark.
- New area in the Rishi Hideout The Overlook: Many passionate Stronghold lovers have requested a more home-y space in the Rishi Hideout. I mentioned in a post last week that we would not be able to make that happen for release, but that the dev team really took that feedback to heart. Turns out, they took it so much to heart that the team went way above and beyond to get a new area added in record time so that we could include it in the extra PTS round! So please, load in, check it out, and maybe throw a bit of love the Stronghold teams way for making it happen
This is only a short list, of course; if theres another feature improvement or bug that you dont see mentioned above, be sure to check out Muscos upcoming post this week that will include more specific details about what will and wont be making it into the update.
One of our major goals with this release was to revitalize our PTS process so that we could better include the community in finalizing 5.9.2 at the high level of quality you expect from Star Wars: The Old Republic. Were very pleased with the participation and highly constructive feedback weve received as a result of this process, and were really looking forward to repeating the experience for more of our upcoming releases later this year.
Thank you all so much for your participating, sharing your thoughts, and supporting a great release for SWTOR!