Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Published: Friday, January 31st, 2020
- Written by KeithKanneg
Happy 2020! It has been a little while since my last post and I wanted to kick the year off with a bit of an update. Before I do, I really want to say Thank You to everyone who has stayed with us and have joined us to play SWTOR. Its been very exciting to see so many players on beginning and core worlds, participating with older expansion content, and joining us on Ossus, Onderon, Mek-Sha and Corellia. I continue to play the game a lot as I believe its vitally important to have the same type of experiences as our players. This enables me to leverage what I learn which helps guide future changes with our game.
I know a big question on your mind is, what is coming next? Here is a quick look at my thoughts on what is coming soon, and in the future:
- Tomorrow! The Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun will kick off of as a February sub-reward. Be a subscriber at any time before Feb 29, starting tomorrow, and you will have the Tauntaun waiting for you in your in-game inbox.
- Game Update 6.1 Many of you had the chance to check out the Alderaan Stronghold and the upcoming class changes on PTS, and we really appreciate the feedback you provided. I am happy to announce (barring any emergencies), Game Update 6.1 will launch on Tuesday, February 11th.
- Game Update 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 Our next two game updates are currently scheduled to be pretty quick on the heels of 6.1. You should expect to see these updates in the next couple of months after 6.1 is live. They will include some new quality of life changes for Conquests, more class changes, Master Mode Dxun, and more! Stay tuned to the PTS forum for more details on specifically what is coming in each update.
- 2020 The team is working on a lot of exciting things for this year. We will really have a big focus on quality of life, updated stories, PvP improvements and much, much more. We want to ensure your time in SWTOR is very enjoyable by having plenty of activities, goals, and rewards.
- Star Wars Celebration- Right now we are also looking forward to this years SW Celebration! We are planning to have a Cantina there and would love to see you all in person. Well have some cool announcements, swag, and many SWTOR developers available for you to meet.
- 2021 SWTORs 10th year! This seems like a great target to work towards doing something majormore to come, of course, but I wanted you to know were already starting to plan out the next few years.
Again, thanks for playing SWTOR and helping us make it an awesome experience for so many new players.