Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Published: Wednesday, December 8th, 2021
I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.
We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.
Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.
Here is the FAQ regarding the announcement made earlier today. Please note that I will be updating this post accordingly over time, so treat this as a living document. I will update this thread to indicate when this post is edited, so you know when updates are made.
Why make this change so close to the original launch date?
As a team, we take our date commitments very seriously, and everyone who works on SWTOR has been working extremely hard to deliver as wed originally planned. This being our anniversary, we really wanted to share the awesome updates in LotS with all of you to celebrate, so we kept moving forward toward that goal as long as possible; but in the end the most important thing is quality, not the calendar.
Why delay for two months?
There isnt any significant bug or single issue that brought this decision about. Ultimately, we want to give the team more time to add polish and to find and fix bugs to ensure we release 7.0 at maximum quality. We also want to do more to include all of you in that process were very excited to have this chance to share more on the PTS, so that we can get your feedback and show you some of the changes that have already been implemented based on your past feedback.
As mentioned, the team has been working really hard to create Legacy of the Sith, and they deserve a chance to rest and recharge. Our chosen timeframe will allow the team to take a meaningful holiday break, and still have significant polish time before release.
How does this affect Conquest?
Total Galactic War will be included in the rotation and will run:
- December 21, 2021
- January 4, 2022
- January 18, 2022.
- Note: The biggest relevant change is Personal Conquest requiring 100k points instead of 50k. Keep that in mind for the Conquest starting February 8th.
Whats happening with Ranked PvP Season 14?
As season 14 rewards are tied to 7.0, the current season will continue as-is, ending with the release of 7.0 on February 15, and rewards will be distributed normally when 7.0 launches in February.
Are the R-4 Anomaly Operation and the daily area for Manaan still launching after Legacy of the Sith?
Yes. We will want to give players time to be able to gear accordingly so these will be launching post Legacy of the Sith as originally intended. These are intended to be available for testing in a 7.1 PTS cycle. Exact date TBD.
Whats happening with events and their rewards? Any chance for double XP or something extra?
All of the planned new rewards will not be released as they are tied into 7.0. With that in mind here is the plan for each event:
- Life Day will run from December 14, 2021 to January 11, 2022 with current rewards.
- The 10-Year Anniversary event will be running for a full year! From December 14, 2021 to January, 2023.
- All existing anniversary rewards will be available on the vendor.
- The new planned rewards will be added to the vendor in February with 7.0, including the contest winning decos!
- We will inform players when new rewards will be added.
- Our Double XP event (which also includes Renown, Requisition, and Valor) will return from December 20, 2021 - January 4, 2022.
- All 3 weeks of Feast of Prosperity will return at the following cadence:
- Week 1: January 11, 2022 January 18, 2022
- Week 2: January 18, 2022 - January 25, 2022
- Week 3: January 25, 2022 - February 1, 2022
Were opening PTS back up this week! 7.0s features will be present to test during this PTS cycle, with the exception of any that would spoil the story content, of course. This upcoming phase will include Loadouts and Character Creation and also all recent updates we have made since the close of the previous phase.
Whats the PTS schedule?
We will be updating our Public Test Server forum with updates as they happen. PTS will remain open until approximately mid-January as needed.
What does this mean for Galactic Seasons 2?
As Galactic Season 2 is tied to 7.0, it will not be available until Legacy of the Sith launches. However, it will be available on the PTS in the coming weeks.