- Category: Game Update Previews
- Created: Wednesday, September 30th, 2015
- Last Updated: Friday, December 11th, 2015
- Published: Friday, December 11th, 2015
- Written by Potato
A look at the work in progress Yavin PvP map.
With the data from 4.0 we can see a lot of work being done on a Yavin pvp map. The area itself doesn't appear to be included so we can't show you the map itself.
Please keep in mind this map is very much a WIP and will probably change significantly before live. This is my own interpretation of the data and it may actually be vastly different. It could also be scrapped and never make it to live.
- Is most likely 8v8.
- Probably won't be released in 4.0, but a lot of work has been done on it so possibly 4.1 but don't hold your breath.
- Has a VIP, the VIP gets special abilities on a temporary quickbar.
- Has a game mode chooser that allows someone to choose Bounty or VIP mode. Possibly a CTF mode to but this might just be VIP mode.
- Has 5 objectives to capture
- Capturing control points is a six second cast.
- Picking up Artifacts is a six second channel. Makes you the VIP?
- Both teams have their own artifact pick up points.
- Capture point ownership is lost when the VIP uses the extraction point.
- Capture points can be unlocked, but unsure as to how.
- Not much on Bounty mode. 1 point for accomplishing the bounty.
- The goal of the VIP is to get to an extraction point when your team controls at least two capture points
- You can volunteer to be the VIP at random.
- VIP moves at a reduced speed, has more health, cannot be stunned or knocked back and take reduced healing.
- When defeated the VIP kneels down for 15 seconds and can not do anything, closest player gets the artifact they are carrying. Probably becomes the new VIP too?
- Using the extraction point is an eight second cast.
These abilities are available to the VIP, regardless of class. All damage is god damage, so can not be mitigated (like Huttball fire traps)
- VIP - BarrierChanneled:8sCooldown:90sProjects a Barrier around you, granting immunity to all control, damage, and negative effects while channeled. This ability does not respect the global cooldown and can be used while controlled. While you are protected by Barrier charges will build up and grant Enduring Bastion, a shield that absorbs an amount of damage based off the charges that are present when Force Barrier ended. Enduring Bastion also grants immunity to interrupts.
- VIP - Heat LaserChanneled:3sCooldown:20sChannels a cone of heat that deals 8% of target's health as damage within a 35-meter cone in front of you over 3 seconds.
- VIP - Advanced Targeting FieldInstantCooldown:35sRange:15mEmits an Advanced Targeting Field that increases the damage of up to 7 allies within 10 meters for 15 seconds.
- VIP - Nuke 'em from OrbitInstantCooldown:40sRange:35mIt's the only way to be sure. Calls in support from orbiting warships, dealing 8% of the target's health as damage over 12 seconds to up to 8 enemies within 10 meters of the targeted area.
- VIP - Big BlastInstantCooldown:5sRange:15mDeals 10% of target's max health as damage. Uses a really neato scatter gun. BA BLAM!
- VIP - EncourageInstantCooldown:15sThe VIP barks orders and encourages a teammate by giving them a movement speed increase
- VIP - Energy CloakInstantCooldown:60sIncreases damage reduction by 75% for 20 seconds.
- VIP - Exploding Pocket SandInstantCooldown:45sRange:4mStuns the target for 5 seconds and grants you a large movement speed increase for 2 seconds.
- VIP - Massive ExplosionInstantCooldown:25sBlasts 8 nearby enemies for <<1>> damage and knocks them away. Targets hit by this have their movement slowed by 50% for 5 seconds.
This looks like it could be 35% of the targets health?
- VIP - Rapid Bracer MissleInstantRange:35mFires a missile quickly, causing 7.5% of the target's max health in damage.