- Category: Game Update Previews
- Last Updated: Friday, October 28th, 2016
- Published: Friday, October 21st, 2016
- Written by Swtor Hamster & Jedipedia
A look at the changes in Game Updates 5.0 PTS 7, 8, & 9. Please note that this is not a compete list of all changes in the patch, is subject to change at any time (info is from PTS files), and is my own personal interpretation of the data. This post was generated by the joint efforts of SwtorHamster and Jedipedia.
Warning: This post contains HEAVY spoilers. You have been warned.
Table of Contents
- New Cartel Market Items and Decorations
- Things of Note
- In-Depth Changes
- There may be a weekly cap on Command Points, but we don't know how much. From the livestream, Bioware said it would be incredibly high (not attainable by the average player) and is only a preventative cap to stop bots.
- Codex entries for KotET have been added; there are major spoilers inside!
- SPOILER: In chapter 9, you can play as Valkorion.
- Several minor class changes; mostly icon changes.
- New Vaylin Holo and new Weapon Tunings items.
- Increased max Command Rank from 100 to 300.
- Renaming of older difficulty levels to Story, Veteran, or Master.
- New Images:
- Loading screen for Hoth and Imperial Station uprising
- Command Rank icons in players' nameplates and portraits (we mentioned them in the #6 notes, now you can see how they look like)
- New Cartel Market blasters and pets, and the walker mount from the subscriber reward
It looks like three tiers will drop from Command Crates, this gear is moddable and BoP. Set bonuses are still missing on many items - this is a bug.
You will be able to craft non-moddable versions of the gear you get from Galactic Command. We believe that the legacy-bound schematics for these drop from Command Crates.
In addition, armorings, mods, and enhancements are craftable. You get legacy-bound schematics for 230 items from Command Crates; the schematics for 232/236 items may come from reverse-engineering.
- Advanced Armoring 45 (230)
- Advanced Armoring 46 (232)
- Advanced Armoring 47 (236)
- Advanced Mod 45 (230)
- Advanced Mod 46 (232)
- Advanced Mod 47 (236)
- Advanced Enhancement 45 (230)
- Advanced Enhancement 46 (232)
- Advanced Enhancement 47 (236)
- Refined Istotope Stabilizer (from HM flashpoints)
- Superior Resource Matrix (from Conquest)
- As well as the usual Grade 10 materials from crew skills
There is a Void Matter Catalyst that's supposed to come from Operations but it's not used in any crafting schematics; therefore we assume it has been removed and won't drop.
Changed Codex Entries
Changed Schematic Variations
Changed Set Bonuses
Full Set Bonuses
Changed String Tables