Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Published: Thursday, April 5th, 2018
Marauders /Sentinels are the only Classes in 5.9 that are receiving slightly different changes than the other Classes this patch so I wanted to call them out separately. Here are the changes:
- The Ruthless Aggressor utility has been changed so that activating Obfuscate temporarily yields a 75% increase in damage reduction for Force and tech attacks instead of a 75% chance to resist all Force and tech attacks.
- Reduced the damage done by Bloody Slashes by 18.5%
- The Zealous Judgment utility has been changed so that activating Pacify temporarily yields a 75% increase in damage reduction for Force and tech attacks instead of a 75% chance to resist all Force and tech attacks.
- Reduced the damage done by Burning Slices by 18.5%
We are making two changes. First, following last year's balance pass, these Classes are still slightly overperforming. The change to Bloody Slashes / Burning Slices is looking to address this.
The second change is more of a functionality change. Ruthless Aggressor / Zealous Judgment would create a situation where there was very little counterplay against a Marauder / Sentinel during the effect of Obfuscate / Pacify. Since it created a chance to resist effects, it meant damage and crowd control were inconsistent against them. The change we are making is that instead of a 75% chance to miss, it adds 75% damage reduction. Now, a Marauder or Sentinel can be crowd controlled during the effect, but it will still allow them to take greatly reduced damage.