Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Published: Thursday, July 29th, 2021
A new patch is available for PTS which includes a high level look into the Jedi Sentinel Combat Style. In case you missed it, we go through a bit of the philosophy behind the updates we’re making to Combat Styles in this article.
As with the Jedi Guardian, we are still focused on two main goals: Streamlining ability sets in order to enable more player choice and maintaining the unique identity of the class. The following spoiler tag will house the breakdown for the ability paths that are available for the Jedi Sentinel. I have included the breakdown for all three Disciplines, so it’s easier to see the ability paths.
Special notes regarding this patch:
- Just like with the Jedi Guardian, this is super high level and not a deep dive
- Jedi Guardian is still available to test
- All three Jedi Sentinel Disciplines will be available; however flexibility in ability choices will be heavily restricted for this first phase of testing. Please see the breakdowns provided above
- Each Discipline has two ability paths available and you can select one of the two options to get a taste for different playstyles
- Your character will be capped at level 75 still.
- Reiterating from a previous post that Breakers and Interrupts are added back in
- The companion provided is at a higher influence level
Please take your time in familiarizing yourself with all the data provided and let us know your thoughts.
- If this is your first time experiencing PTS, be sure that you read up on how to access the server by reading this post.
- For details on how to try out the Jedi Guardian/Sentinel, please go here.
- Jedi SENTINEL feedback can be provided here
- Jedi GUARDIAN feedback can still be provided here
EDIT: Slight ability change for levels 35 and 70.