Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Created: Tuesday, October 4th, 2016
- Published: Tuesday, October 4th, 2016
As you may know from previous posts on the topic, when it comes to credit sellers we will often do a large takedown at one time. This allows us to have the largest impact on the credit sellers without them being able to react. Today was one of those instances.
With today's maintenance we acted on a few different initiatives to help curb the in-game chat and mail spam of credit sellers. Some examples of what was done today include:
- Banning of thousands of credit selling accounts.
- Closing a loophole in an existing promotion, that allowed credit sellers to quickly and easily make accounts which could send you in-game mail and access the fleet.
- Made adjustments to some existing automated functions to better catch credit sellers.
- And more... (we don't want to reveal everything we are doing to the credit sellers )