Bioware Developer Forum Posts
- Category: Developer Forum Posts
- Published: Friday, July 21st, 2017
We are quite a few weeks away from publishing the next 90 day update for our SWTOR Roadmap. We solidified our content plan and release schedule, so Ill include all those details in the update. But, as you know, were really trying to provide you with more insight than ever before, and Id like to know what other information youd want to see in the Roadmap. Obviously, I cant promise to include everything, but will do my best to address a wide variety of your requests.
Many of you read the SWTOR roadmap (http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170531), and realize I had left you with an elusive and more to come in the Game Update 5.4 section. I thought this would be a good time to let you know what will be released on August 22nd with the next game update. Heres a few highlights of what you can expect:
- Crisis on Umbara Our story will continue in a new Flashpoint coming on the planet of Umbara. This Flashpoint will launch with all 3 difficulties, Story, Veteran and Master. For Umbaras Master Mode we are trying something new, and depending on how well it goes, we may do something similar for all Master Mode Flashpoints. Specifically, a player will need to have an average gear rating of 242 to use Group Finder. We wont prevent pre-made groups from going in directly, but this will prevent under-geared players from slowing down your group. Were adding a new average rating identifier on your character window which will be based on the items you have equipped.
- Umbara Stronghold This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. Youll need to complete the flashpoint a few times to gain access to the stronghold. Look for more details about the Stronghold in an upcoming post.
- Companion Customization Senya Tirall can now have her weapons and armor customized. Also, Lana, Koth, and Senyas hairstyles are available for purchase to customize your character.
- Quality of Life Companions can now be summoned while moving.
- A new feature on the in-game Preference screen has been added for higher graphic settings to improve the realism of contrast and shadows.
- Class balance The following Disciplines are receiving changes (details will follow in the next few weeks):
- Lethality / Ruffian
- Concealment / Scrapper
- Medicine / Sawbones
- Fury / Concentration
- Carnage / Combat
- Season 8 will be coming to an end! We will post the full breakdown of rewards with screenshots in the coming weeks but in the meantime the top rewards include a full weapon set and a new Ember Makrin Mount.
- We are making changes to daily and weekly mission rewards for PvP with the intent of substantially improving Unassembled Component gain for players who complete both Ranked and Unranked missions.
Back to the Roadmap update for a moment as Id like to provide some guidelines about the feedback. Be concise and specific. Think how it will affect other players, fairness, progression, impact, to help us truly understand and weigh your thoughts against the entire plan/direction.
Keep in mind, our goal for this year was to put us on a track of providing new and challenging multi-player content, while addressing all the gameplay systems in SWTOR. It does mean spreading content out over the year, but I still believe having access to content sooner is more desirable than having to wait a year to get it all at once.
Chat with you all soon.