- Category: Game Update Previews
- Created: Wednesday, October 12th, 2016
- Last Updated: Sunday, October 16th, 2016
- Published: Wednesday, October 12th, 2016
- Written by Swtor Hamster & Jedipedia
A look at the changes in Game Updates 5.0 PTS 6. Please note that this is not a compete list of all changes in the patch, is subject to change at any time (info is from PTS files), and is my own personal interpretation of the data. This post was generated by the joint efforts of SwtorHamster and Jedipedia.
Warning: This post contains HEAVY spoilers. You have been warned.
Table of Contents
- New Cartel Market Items and Decorations
- Things of Note
- In-Depth Changes
5.0 PTS update #6 was a very large patch (1.5 GB) that added the missing dialogue from Chapter 7 and the new areas (Iokath, Nathema, Uprisings etc.). We finally have a good understanding of Galactic Command and Galactic Alignment, so we'll share everything we know about those.
Five Uprisings will definitely be available with the launch of 5.0: Hoth, Tatooine, Ord Mantell, Port Nowhere, and an Imperial Station. You'll be able to queue for Uprisings via Group Finder. You'll be able to reset an entire season (KotFE or KotET) and replay the Chapters (maybe with different choices?)
There is a short cutscene when recruiting Master Ranos (from DvL event) and Shae Vizla (pre-order reward) but no associated quest chain. Darth Hexid has received voice-over for combat, so it's very likely she'll become available some other way besides DvL.New items:
- 5-year anniversary gift, possibly from Cartel Market: Celebration Jawa (perhaps the one previously rewarded for completing the Party Jawa achievements)
- Portable class trainer from Cartel Market: Senya Tirall Holostatue (for players who missed out on the Dr. Oggurobb Hutt Holostatue, or the Satele/Malgus statues)
- Cartel Market direct-sale item for Life Day: Wampa companion
Galactic Command is a new system where you'll be grinding various in-game activities to level up your Command Rank from 1-100. As of 5.0 PTS 6, this rank is currently tied to your character - it is not legacy-wide. You get Command Points from various in-game activities but you need to be level 70, and you can only earn them as a Premium player (subscriber).
In the lower ranks, you need 100-300 points to reach the next rank, by rank 30 you'll need 500 points, and in the higher ranks you'll need 620-660 points per rank. In total, you need 51,870 points for rank 100 but this is still in flux and changes with every patch.
In your nameplate, next to the Legendary Player icon there'll be a new flair depending on your Command Rank. The flair will be different depending on which rank you have (1-2, 3-4, 5, 6, or 7+) but we don't yet know what icon will show up.
You get points when completing quests from these activities:
|10-30||"Play the episodic story of Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne. Replay previous chapters on higher difficulty levels for greater rewards!"|
(Solo Mode Only)
|10-30||"Rebellious forces sow chaos throughout the Galaxy, and it's up to you to stop them. Story Uprisings are short, intense missions designed for solo players looking for quick fun."|
(Solo or Tactical Only)
(Solo or Expert)
|20-60||"Action-packed, story-driven adventures that pit players against difficult foes in volatile situations."|
(Black Hole, Section X, CZ-198, Oricon, Yavin IV, Ziost)
|25-75||"Repeatable missions designed to challenge new and veteran players alike."
Note: Unlike KotFE, you can no longer pick and choose the shortest heroics but need to complete all heroics on one planet to get points, and starter planets (like Ord Mantell) no longer count.
(from completing the weekly missions)
|40||"Operations are challenging, large-scale multi-group missions in which players confront the most dangerous threats to the Galaxy."|
(from daily mission)
|45||"Join a Starfighter match for thrilling, 12v12 free-flight aerial team combat."|
(from normal or ranked daily missions)
|35||"Join a Warzone to engage in frantic 4v4 [sic] objective-based arena warfare."|
In addition, you get points from Command Trophies (think reputation trophies or GSF requisition grants). These trophies may drop from bosses, with the large trophies only dropping in hard/nightmare mode. Flashpoint bosses give 10-50 points, operation bosses give 20-100 points, and uprising bosses give 8-40 points.
Each day, a different activity will be highlighted. We don't know if a highlighted activity will grant you more points, or if it ties into Galactic Alignment. We do have access to the schedule but it appears to be in a random order. For example, this is the schedule for the first two weeks following KotET's launch:
- November 29th:Dailies/Heroics
- November 30th:KotFE/KotET chapters
- December 1st:Galactic Starfighter
- December 2nd:Uprisings
- December 3rd:Warzones
- December 4th:Flashpoints/Star Fortresses
- December 5th:Galactic Starfighter
- December 6th:KotFE/KotET chapters
- December 7th:Uprisings
- December 8th:Flashpoints/Star Fortresses
- December 9th:Warzones
- December 10th:Operations
- December 11th:Dailies/Heroics
- December 12th:Uprisings
While working on your Command Rank, you'll also collect Dark and Light side points. These will go towards your server's Dark or Light alignment. You can select whether you are light side or dark side via a toggle next to your character's portrait, and also when queueing for a warzone. There'll be a 5-10% boost on something depending on the current Dark or Light tier.
|Tier||Dark V||Dark IV||Dark III||Dark II||Dark I||Neutral||Light I||Light II||Light III||Light IV||Light V|
|Required D/L points||10M||1M||100k||10k||1k||0||1k||10k||100k||1M||10M|
We are still trying to figure out Galactic Alignment and how it ties into Galactic Command, so take the following with a grain of salt. The alignment is reset daily and we are assuming that you will be rewarded depending on which tier the server is at by the end of the day. There are new legacy-bound Command Lockboxes that contain various BoE armor sets and weapons.
These lockboxes are opened with the Pack Opening Experience. There's a new Command Stash which may be used for collecting the items from the lockboxes. You can purchase an Unlock: Command Stash from the Cartel Market to unlock 25 slots; it can have 100 slots in total.
During KotFE, you were supposed to run Heroics and received lockboxes with legacy-bound armor pieces. It looks like the devs will continue this reward system with KotET except that the armor sets are now BoE and you will also receive weapons. We believe that the rewards are accumulative, so at Dark V you'll get five lockboxes (Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, Tier IV, and Tier V).
Galactic Alignment feels somewhat similar to Conquest, except you no longer need to be in a big guild for it, so the devs used the lessons learned from Conquest when building this system. Conquest is not going away - it will remain available from what we can tell.
The following Uprisings will likely be available with 5.0. It looks like they will each have 3-4 encounters but the bosses only have basic attacks right now - hopefully this will change until release.
The infamous White Maw pirates are repurposing Imperial and Republic artillery to raid Outer Rim territories. Under the leadership of a fearsome Houk name Droub, they have taken control of a lava works factory on Hoth to construct chilling war machines.
If left unchecked, this group will expand into Alliance territory. Secure the Outer Rim territories by rounding up a team and shutting down White Maw operations.
Done and Dusted (Tatooine)
A crisis has erupted on Tatooine. The notorious Dust Viper gang has stolen the security plans to the Alliance base on Odessen--and they're selling them to the highest bidder.
No one has ever survived a mission into Dust Viper territory, but we can't risk that data going public. Breach the Vipers' compound, neutralize their cutthroat leader, and secure the Alliance data before it's too late.
Inferno (Ord Mantell)
A splinter group of ex-Imperials, led by Sith Lords Zanisk and Adacin, has taken over an old separatist base on Ord Mantell. The group has been launching attacks on nearby systems loyal to the Alliance, threatening the stability of the entire region.
Their base is heavily defended against a full-scale assault, but Alliance Intelligence suggests that a small, elite group may have better luck. Assemble your team and dismantle the uprising. Expect heavy resistance.
Crimson Fang (Port Nowhere)
The Crimson Fang, a previously unknown criminal organization, recently took Port Nowhere by force. They intend to use the moving space station as a base of operations for their illicit activities.
Reports indicate the Crimson Fang have acquired a cache of powerful weapons that are being stored in Port Nowhere's cargo hold. Assemble a team and liberate Port Nowhere before the Crimson Fang unleash destruction upon the entire region.
Fractured (Imperial station)
A rogue faction of Sith Empire defectors is targeting--and destroying--the Alliance's most vulnerable outposts. If allowed to continue, these dissidents will shatter the very foundation of the Alliance.
They operate out of Vanguard Station, under the command of Sith Lord Anril and Major Korven--a former Cipher agent. Only an elite strike team can infiltrate the station. Gather your squad, and show our enemies that the Alliance stands by its own.
Also, here are some of the loading screens:
The Uprisings on Coruscant, Denova, Makeb, and Rakata Prime are still in development; they may get finished for 5.0 or get added in a later patch. The Uprisings Hammer Station and Trial and Error may have been scrapped but it is hard to tell at the moment.
It looks like class changes are close to done - there were only minor changes this time while the devs are fixing bugs and adding the missing icons.
- The new abilty for Carnage Marauders, Gore, is now once again an instant. The change from patch #4 has been reverted.
- The proc from the new Reaper's Rush utility (Phantom Stride resets when target dies) now lasts 10 seconds, up from 6.
- The Lightning Charge/Force Technique passive is now learned at level 2, down from 10.
- The new passive for Lethality Operatives, Erosive Efficacy/Cut to the Quick no longer increases both crit change and crit damage by 30%. It now increases crit chance by 25% and crit damage by 15%.
- Utilities have been converted into the 4-tier layout.
- The new utility Curative Counteragent/Salubrious Surrender was updated. The 1% heal per second now lasts 10 seconds, up from 5. In addition, it changes Kolto Infusion/Kolto Pack into an instant heal, with no more HoT afterwards.
- Ordnance Onslaught (the replacement for Death from Above) is now a 3s cast, no longer a 3s channel. It can still be used while moving.
- The Smoke Screen utility had its original effect reinstated, in addition to the new effect. Rocket Out now grants both immunity to leaps/pulls/interrupts, and taking damage refreshes the cooldown of Rocket Out.
- The effects from the Upgraded Arsenal passive (they depended on the cell) have been moved into passives of each Discipline. Those effects will now be available at level 24 and 32 instead of 38. Hyper Barrels has been renamed to Hyper Barrel.
Changed Codex Categories
Changed Codex Entries
Changed New Companions
Changed Schematic Variations
Changed Set Bonuses
Changed String Tables